The Future of Manila Traffic | Vlog #522
The contest is open to all Filipino citizens who are 18 to 24 years old. JICA Philippines staff, consultants, and their families, as well as staff of the contest partners, are excluded from participating.
Submission of Entries-
1. An individual or a team of two persons may submit a video blog entry. Only one entry for every participating team is allowed. At least one team member must appear in the video blog.
2. The video blog should be original, creative, and inspiring discussing how JICA or Japan affects his or her life and the rest of the Filipinos.
3. The video blog should be in English. If Filipino or other languages are included, there should be subtitles in English. It should also comply with the following specifications: at least 1080p, 24 FPS (frames per second) and in .MP4 or .AVI format. Videos shot on mobile phones are acceptable provided they comply with such specifications.
4. The team is responsible for securing formal consent from concerned parties if any person appears in the video (i.e. beneficiaries interviewed, end user, etc.). For minors that are in the video, the team must obtain a written consent from the minor’s parents/legal guardians.
5. The video should not contain copyrighted materials owned by others. The team is responsible for securing permission to use such materials and/or giving credit to the owner.
6. You must submit the video blog by uploading the video to your YouTube (Google) account as an unlisted video and by sending the link to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. A registration form (insert link) containing the participants’ names, contact details, and other project information should be submitted along with the entry.
8. Participants are also required to follow and like the JICA Facebook page (link).
9. Submission is on or before November 17, 2019, 11:59 PM. Late submissions will not be accepted.
10. The organizer reserves the right to share the winning entries in other platforms.
Winning entries will be notified by email, and according to the information provided in the submission.
• First Place: The winning individual or team will be invited to shoot a video blog in Japan on topics related to international cooperation and Japanese culture. JICA will cover all travel expenses for a round trip economy class flight, accommodation and allowance according to JICA policies. Visa application will be facilitated by JICA upon submission of necessary requirements (such as valid passport and medical certificate). The winning video entry will also be featured in a local show in Japan.
• All the finalists will receive an award certificate.
• All finalists will also have the opportunity to have their video blog featured in the JICA YouTube and Facebook page.
Judging and Results
1. JICA Philippines will shortlist 12 entries as finalists, and will select only one winning team from the finalists.
2. Only finalists will be contacted.
3. Decisions made by the judges are final.
4. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: storyline (50%), originality and creativity (25%), and clarity of the video (25%).
By entering in the contest, you remain the owner of your video blog and grant JICA the right to have royalty-free license copy, edit, translate, publish, or use the video blog as a whole or in part, without compensation to the entrants. Your entry may be used by JICA in its website, slide show presentations, social media page, exhibits, and other PR activities, and you will be attributed accordingly.
Participants agree that any personal information and other contact details collected in relation to the contest may be shared by JICA to its contest partners and may be used for marketing and other purposes, from which participants may opt out.
Contestants shall not do any of the following:
• Defame or abuse the rights of others in making the video blog.
• Publish, post, or distribute information that are unlawful and are false information.
• Upload or attach files to the video that contain software or other materials protected by intellectual property laws, unless the participants own or receive the necessary consent.
• Advertise or offer to sell products or services in the video.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By entering the contest, you agree to the rules set forth by the organizer. Entry of your video blogs into the contest implies acceptance of all the contest rules and mechanics, regardless whether the entrants sign any statement confirming acceptance and compliance.
Failure to comply with the contest rules and mechanics and falsifying information may result in disqualification from the contest.
For questions regarding the contest, please contact:
Lara Javier at email@example.com
Amanda Bacani at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 889-7119